DIPLOMA SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MALAWIAN NATIONALS – RE-ADVERTISEMENT
The Government of Malawi received a grant from the European Union under the 11th European Development Fund to implement nutrition programme called Afikepo meaning “Let them develop to their full potential”. The aim of the programme is to contribute to the enhancement of Food and Nutrition Security in Malawi in the fourteen (14) selected districts namely: Chitipa, Karonga, Nkhata Bay, Mzimba, Kasungu, Nkhotakota, Salima, Chiradzulu, Thyolo, Mulanje, Nsanje, Chikwawa, Zomba and Phalombe.
The programme is promoting among others increased and diversified dietary intake of safe and nutritious foods; increased use of enhanced nutrition knowledge, awareness and hygiene practices; and strengthen multi-sectoral governance of nutrition at all levels. The programme is also supporting capacity building of nutrition professionals from various government line ministries and departments to effectively implement and translate nutrition policy objectives into actions. The programme is aligned with the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy (MGDSIII) key priority areas and the actions in the National Multi-Sector Nutrition Policy and
The Malawi Government through the Department of Nutrition, HIV and AIDS (DNHA) in the Ministry of Health with funding from the European Union (EU) invites interested Malawians to apply for scholarships to pursue Diploma programme in Food and Nutrition. The Diploma scholarships will be offered to successful candidates to study Food, Nutrition and Livelihood
Security at Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) Natural Resources College (NRC) campus.
Eligibility for Diploma Scholarships
The scholarships are open to serving Civil Servants who meet the following criteria:
- Be a Malawian citizen aged less than fifty (50) at the date of application,
- Must possess MSCE with at least four (4) credits in English, Mathematics plus any two (2) Science subjects (Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry, General Science and Physics),
- In addition, applicants must be willing to work in remote areas to support Afikepo nutrition programme during long school break and attachments,
- Must be willing to sign a training bond in line with Government’s training policy,
- Must be willing to undergo training through block release mode of learning,
- Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and they have an added advantage.
Interested applicants should submit an application letter together with the following documents:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae-CV (containing applicant’s age and contacts: phone number and/or email address and referee contacts),
- Copies of academic certificates or notification of results,
- Signed reference letter from the employer,
- and either of the following:
– Letter of conditional offer of employment (PSR19 Form)
– Recent pay slip.
Applications should be sent to the address below clearly marking the type of scholarship one is applying for:
The Imprest Administrator
Department of Nutrition, HIV and AIDS
Centre House Arcade, MPICO Building
Private Bag B401
THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS 13th JANUARY, 2022
Those who previously applied for Afikepo Nutrition Programme Scholarships when it was advertised but were not successful are strongly encouraged to re-apply.